ERPLY Books makes everyday accounting easy and helps you to focus on growing your business. We offer flexible solutions for large companies, which simplify day-to-day work in the entire company as well as in its departments and subsidiaries.
How does ERPLY Books work?
ERPLY Books has many features that automate your accounting processes and improve your accounting experience. To see the full list of functionalities, look from YES LIST.
The next paragraphs describe the key features we think may be valuable for you. In case you have additional questions about how those processes work, all the features are provided with tutorial links. Additionally, we are happy to answer your questions by phone/email.
|ERPLY Books covers all the accounting-related operations and much more. Small businesses can use all default settings and large businesses can adjust the software according to their needs.
When creating a new organisation in ERPLY Books, all the rules are set by default. User can adjust them according to their needs.
- Personalized chart of accounts, VAT rates, articles, etc.;
- User can create personal reports in report generator;
- Compile adapted balance and income reports etc.;
- Reports in your main or another reporting currency;
- Add key shortcuts;
- Automate bank operations, account rules, purchases etc with your own rules etc.
Work between different projects and departments
If your business has many locations, projects or objects, then you can administer them via projects.
- Everything in ERPLY Books can be sorted by projects: invoices, transactions, every report and so on;
- You can group projects into categories (like cars, people, conferences, locations etc.)
- You can split purchase invoices among projects;
- You can add one or multiple projects to one transaction;
- User can filter reports according to projects;
- It is possible to link invoices with one or multiple projects;
- Take advantage of mother projects – e.g. your company car X belongs to the location Y. Whenever an expense occurs in X, it is automatically reflected in Y.
Purchase inbox in ERPLY Books saves you about 80% of time by automating the purchase invoice process. Every organisation has its own unique email address, where suppliers can send their invoices. Purchase invoices that have been sent to this email are easy to enter: on the right you see the invoice itself and on the left you can enter it into the system.
- Give your suppliers your ERPLY Books email. Sent emails and attached files will be saved and archived immediately in ERPLY Books;
- All documents are in one place and archived so none of the documents go missing;
- PDF parser, OCR (Optical Character Recognition technology) and e-invoice processing help to minimise user intervention and automatically create invoices in the system;
- Connect all necessary files with your purchase invoices and this way archive them online instead of the shelf;
ERPLY Books supports all banks (bank import and compiling the payment file). Upload your file into the system via bank import and let ERPLY Books connect payments with invoices automatically.
- Bank import module can recognise up to 100% of transactions. This means most of the payments are automatically connected to invoices and/or account(s);
- You can automate bank import even more using different bank rules;
- ERPLY Books supports bank statement import from various countries by predefined account descriptions. Additionally you can define your own formats and import those too;
- You can create payment files and send them to your bank/supplier. For EU customers we have SEPA files, for Australian ABA files and for the rest of the world you can print checks and remittance advices;
- Invoices from the same supplier will be aggregated into one payment.
Invoice approval feature allows to control purchase invoice payments by sending them for approval via email. This reduces the risk of paying for incorrect/invalid invoices. As it’s possible to approve both files and invoices, this module works as a digital archive.
- define different invoice approval rules according to your requirements;
- invoice approval works along with Purchase Inbox. See Purchase Inbox section for more information;
- archiving documents digitally;
- the system ensures that rejected invoices are not sent out for payment.
You can import all kind of data to Books whenever you need: invoices, customers, suppliers, articles, accounts, payments, general ledger and so on. If you import large amounts of data, it is best to use CSV files rather than just copy-paste. While importing smaller amounts of data, we highly recommend using Excel just to copy-paste all the necessary information. It’s possible to automate the import if you need to do it regularly.
- If you import more than 1000 invoices, use the CSV file;
- We recommend using Excel when you import smaller amounts of data (Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V key combinations);
- If you import data regularly, create API connection, which will do the import for you.
ERPLY POS and Inventory integration
ERPLY can be used as a whole ERP package: POS, inventory, accounting – the whole set of business processes. All invoices, transactions made in POS/inventory are automatically reflected in the accounting section. The system can be used by a small store or a huge retail chain – thanks to the system’s flexibility.
- Synchronise all necessary data – invoices, payments, writeo-ffs, customers etc;
- The integration is very flexible: you can add rules that combine all one-day invoices into one document in Books, you can determine, which components will be synchronised, who updates contacts etc;
- Account mapping enables to process and then filter invoices by product groups, by customers or by other options.
Account mapping implies plenty of rules with different hierarchy. For instance, revenues may be separated by countries/regions: revenue from your domestic operations goes to the account X, revenue from your operations in the US or Canada is recorded in the account Y and all other revenues go to the account Z.
- Use account mapping to automatically select invoices synchronised from external systems (e.g. ERPLY POS & Inventory or the API connection);
- Automate data entry in Books: purchase expense account according to a supplier, VAT accounts according to a transaction type etc.
In addition to standard features like general ledger, trial balance and VAT report, ERPLY Books allows you to see the company’s finances via modified balance and income statements, and other preconfigured reports. If you want to configure reports according to your needs, there is the report generator available, which enables access to the database.
- Export your reports to Excel or to a PDF file;
- You can add rules to download your VAT/GST/Sales tax report in a format, required by your local tax office;
- Reports for management: KPI’s, 12 months profit etc.
Report generator gives access to the database. The user doesn’t have to know the database rules. If there is something missing in ERPLY Books reports, the report generator will help you. Of course you can adjust existing reports – add/delete rows and adjust printing the PDF. The main idea of this generator is to create new reports.
- See sales in different countries;
- Find lost/ wrote down/ deleted invoices and journals;
- Compile Intrastat reports;
- Control movement between inventories;
- See the email statuses (e.g. account statements etc).
Debt tracking and automatic payment reminders
ERPLY Books helps you to keep an eye on your debtors and paid prepayments. Also, you can track invoices from the past, to get information about incomes in the past period.
- Customer report gives an overview about paid and unpaid invoices. You can see, which of your customers are still in debt;
- Send regular reminders and account statements to customers;
- Add rules to send automatic payment reminders;
- Send account statements regularly to suppliers.
Key Performance Indicator
ERPLY Books includes about 50 KPI’s, which user can see on the charts. There are both usual financial KPI’s (ROE, ROA, ROR etc.) and liquidity, bankruptcy KPI’s. In addition, KPI module allows to compare different years and filter results in projects.
Fixed assets module in ERPLY Books helps to manage assets easily – register fixed assets and calculate depreciation etc.
- When you purchase fixed assets, it’s easy to import data by copying it from Excel;
- In addition, other low value assets can also be taken into account;
- Track fixed assets by projects.
The Reimbursement module helps you to keep track of company expenses that are done by your employees – reporting persons. A reporting person is someone, who is given money for financial transactions that are related to the organisation. Usually, this person is an accountant, but it’s not unusual that this person is a regular company employee. In ERPLY Books, it’s easy to manage reporting persons through different modules.
- Enter all transactions in such way that there will be one purchase document for a reporting person per month;
- Enter all purchases to the reporting person, even if they used the company credit card;
- Archive all documents – if it’s paper a document, take a picture and upload it to the system. Therefore, no documents will be missing;
- Once a month, print out a document that you can give to the employee for signature;
- Add other employee-related operations (e.g. advance payments, payments, business travel fees etc).
Cloud-based accounting software as a platform
ERPLY Books cloud-based software enables access to data, any time and any place.
- ERPLY Books can be used in any place and device that has internet and a web browser;
- The software is constantly updated and updates are done in real time, the user is neither involved, nor affected;
- You can connect other software with ERPLY Books – do an API integration by yourself, or use already excisting integrations or functions, that help to import or export information.
API enables to connect different software programs with ERPLY Books. For example, if you need to synchronise invoices from the third party, it’s really easy to do it with API.
For Franchise manager
ERPLY Books is an accounting software that allows to perform any accounting operations. Therefore, organisations can use it as a central accounting system for all their accounting tasks – all information, documents and report files are in one place.
- Automatically gather organisation’s financial and tax reports and see a list of organisations that have not filled their reports.
- Integrated open receivables and open payables;
- Use KPI’s to see financial details of organisations:
- For example, see departments/stores that might potentially go bankrupt (by using Altman Z score);
- See the burn rate for every department/store;
- See who is doing the best and who needs support.
Corporate level features
- Dividing journals between projects;
- Validation functionality for journals;
- Adding automatic dimensions;
- Integration with some of your systems – we have made integrations with different softwares;
- Opportunity to have your own server.