This module describes purchase and sales articles in ERPLY Books. An article in ERPLY Books is a parameter/ attribute that works in the invoice module. It is possible to connect revenue, expense and fixed assets accounts with articles. In addition, you can determine whether its a purchase or sales invoice related article. You can find articles in “Sales”/ “Purchase” > “Purchase and Sales articles”. When you open this module, in the header, you can search articles by name, type (completed products, fixed assets, service) and which to show (show all, articles in sales invoice, articles in purchase invoice).
- Completed products – articles that are related with inventory products
- Fixed assets – articles that are connected with fixed assets
- Service – articles that are related to services and non-inventory products
You can add new articles by clicking on “+” button. That will open an article sheet, where you can fill in the needed information. When you have already added the article and you want to change the information, then click on needed article and on the “Article Sheet” button or you can change the information on the article row.
- Name – Article name
- Article in Sales invoice – Articles that are on sales invoice
- Article in Purchase Invoice – Articles that are purchase invoice
- Code – You can use this parameter for search
- Unit – kg, km, piece etc..
- Expense Account – Expense account that applies to this article
- Revenue Account – Revenue account that applies to this article
- Inventory/ Fixed Assets Account – You can add this on article sheet. This account will be added to completed products and fixed assets
- Depreciation Account – You can add this to fixed assets
- Type – completed products, fixed assets or service
- Base Price – Initial price (not obligatory)
- Markup – Extra Charge
- Price – Price with extra charge
- Tax – VAT %
- Asset Life in Months – Fixed Assets life in months
- Description – Extra information
- D Qty – Debet quantity
- C Qty – Credit quantity
Save, when you have added all the needed information.
If you want to delete an article, then choose the article and then click on the red trash bin mark. Then confirm the deletion by clicking on “Yes”.
When you create a new purchase or sales invoice and use an existing article, then the information that you have added in to the article module, will appear on the invoice (unit, revenue and expense account, tax).
If you want to use article descriptions on invoices, then go to “Settings” > “Configuration” and make a tick after “Use item descriptions in invoices?”. Then save and refresh the page. This feature means, that, for example, if you have an article “office items” and when you use it, you can add additional description on invoice like papers, pens, books, etc… If you don’t add this feature, then you can use the article, but the description cell will not appear on the invoice.
When you go to “Reports” > “Article report”, you can see a report about purchase and sales articles. You can see when you used some kind of article, with which invoice, who was supplier etc..