Configuration in ERPLY Books Accounting Software. ERPLY Books is an accounting software that is constantly improving: our development team makes changes every week in order to make customers’ life easier. You can find most of the rules in “Settings” > “Configuration”. This manual explains the meaning of these rules and settings and gives recommendations when you should use these.
You can change, remove and add all the settings whenever you like. If you have made all the needed changes, then save and log out and in. Then the added settings will take effect.
- Language – add a language that you use on your account.
- Currency – add a currency that you use on your account.
- Default overdue (% in a day) – interest for a late payment that your debtors will pay.
- Days to deadline – If you create an invoice in ERPLY Books and you don’t determine a deadline, then the system creates automatic deadline (amount of days that you set here). You can determine payment deadline that is based on customers. For example, when you have customers who’s payment deadline is different then others, then you have to make changes in customer’s card. Customer’s card rules are higher than configuration rules.
- First invoice no. – determine, from which number the invoices, that are created in ERPLY Books, will begin (that means default numbers, if you don’t add numbers manually. Invoice number can be in 100-digit (numbers and letters).
- Digits after rounding – determine, how many digits after rounding the system shows.
- Liable to VAT – add a tick when company is liable to VAT
- Use item descriptons in invoices – if you compile an invoice and you choose an article, then choosing this setting, you will see the article name in the invoice description. If you don’t add this setting then there will be no description box.
- Use invoice approval – use invoice confirmation to determine the people, who has to confirm the invoice before sending it to paying.
- Enable multiple projects selection – you can add many projects on documents
- Date format – choose the format for date
- Imported transactions that are earlier than the locking date will be imported with the locking date (If not, these won’t be imported) – if you don’t add a tick then transactions will not be made.
- Period locked since – choose until what date (the date included) the period is locked. Lock the period if you don’t want to change/delete/add documents and data to that period
- Text in invoice email – add text that is in the email when you send out invoices.
- Dashboard buttons – If you want some buttons on the dashboard then add attributes here.
This email is important for customers who use purchase inbox. Send this email address to suppliers and reporting persons in order to make sure that all their documents will be received into one place. If you have a “Big” package, then you can choose your own email address (you can add your company’s name instead of the numbers)
Add a support user. This is really important button for customers. When you click on that, you will give out customer support an access to you account and data. This way we can help you to solve problems and give answers to your questions. Users with “admin” status can add support user (Go to “Settings” > “Users”).
- Use continuous code system for transactions and invoices – transactions and codes will start with number “1” and the following transactions will get the following numbers. Use this when your database is large, using this setting will make the system faster
- Set invoice and transaction codes by day – system will make the code based on the day (e.g. 0101001- first transaction on the 1st of January, 0102005- fifth transaction on the 1st of February).
- Use invoice code as transaction code – choose this rule when you want that invoices and invoice transactions has the same codes
- Create payment file with deadline date – ERPLY Books will add payment due date as a payment date or today’s date for the open payables (if the payment date is in the past).
- Change invoice status to “confirmed and payment sent to bank” while doing the payment file – when this rule is added, then the invoice status will be changed when making the bank transaction
- Show attributes in customer report – then you will see, what attributes you have set to customers. For example, use this to see who are factoring customers and who aren’t
- Show e-mail in customer report – show, when was the last time when an email was sent to customers (invoice, payment reminder)
- Show customers with zero balance in customer report – show customers with zero balance
- Update customers/suppliers bank details during bank import – if you use bank import then ERPLY Books will check if the supplier has the same IBAN.
- Prevent negative transactions by changing their debit-credit side – with this setting there will not be made any negative transaction rows – for example when transaction in -40 EUR is in Debit, then the program will add this to credit with +40 EUR value
- Do not show “invoice number” in SEPA payment file – don’t show numbers when compiling the payment file.
- Create minimum amount of transactions from invoices and payments – consolidate transactions
- Use transaction confirmations – validate transactions and use specific rules.
- Show currecy rates vice versa – If you see USD-EUR currency in 1.1932 then with this rule you will see it the other way around: 0.83808
- Use prepayment groups – Using the prepayment groups gives you an opportunity to use more than one prepayment accounts that are connected with prepayment groups.
- Search products in purchase inbox – you have an opportunity to make sales refund through purchase inbox. When you get an invoice with sales refund document, then usually you have to enter these manually, one by one. When you use PDF parser, then this process will be automatical. System will link the products, that you have to send back, for you.
- Show suppliers bank name in purchase invoice – if you add this rule, then opening the “Reports” > “Purchase invoices” or “Purchases” > “Open Payables” > “Purchase invoices” you will see, that the last column on the invoice row is bank’s name.
- Enable transaction code editing – Allow changing transaction codes after making the transaction.
- Use “AND” (not “OR”) clause in project search – If you use projects then you can see that you can filter projects in reports. By default it’s OR clause. It means: “show invoices/transactions/.. that is connected with project A or B or C.. If you add this rule then you will search invoices/transactions/.. that is connected with project A and B and C…
- Do not create transactions for unconfirmed documents – transactions are made when invoice is confirmed.
- Do not use articles in purchase invoices – When you compile an invoice, you will see a description cell. Description is the name of the used account.
- Show document connections – you can see what are the connections with previous and following document. Connections are credit invoice, price offer, order, waybill.
- Do not use purchase prepayment tax
- Calculate prepayment VAT
- Group cash book
- Show mother accounts in trial balance
- Use invoice scheduler
- Use factoring – in enables to use factoring. You must add factoring customers separately, under attributes.
- Add automatic e-invoice into sales invoice email if possible – in addition to PDF file, attach e-invoice
- Show gross profit in P/L
- Show purchase invoice additional information – Add extra information (information cell on invoice)
- Do not autoload reports
- Allow selecting multiple accounts in general ledger – you can search transactions from multiple accounts
- In balance statement show prepayment as one of the invoices (with negative value) – prepayment is shown as negative invoice in balance sheet.
- Save payments form bank import automatically
- Save all accounting history
- Manage checks – important setting for customers in USA, Canada and Australia. The system will print out chech when compiling a payment file.
- Create order from prepayment
- Show only payment accounts when adding payments
- Show payer in sales and purchase invoices – you can add third person or third company as a payer. You can use this setting when the real payer is different than shown on the invoice.
Invoice approval rules
Activate the invoice confirmation and determine how many verifiers you have. Also specify the main approver. When you want to make some user a verifier, then you have to add privileges (“Settings – Verifier”). Go to “Settings” > “Users” > click on user’s email and add the needed privilege.
Automatic email approval process
Determine, who must verify invoice first, who is the second verifier. Email with confirmation links will be sent out in that order.
Default page size
By default, program shows 50 rows in all the reports. Here you can determine interval between 50 and 200 rows.
If you need cashiers name on cashiers money in and money out orders, then you can determine it here.
Add a file separator (“,”; “.”; “|”; “TAB”; “;”)
Custom report header
Make header for reports that are made in report generator. For example, you need CSV printout for some reports and you make that report with report generator.
Add payer to invoice in bank report
When payer isn’t the same as the customer or supplier, then ERPLY Books creates new customer/supplier automatically.
- Comparison field – Payer is created by the name or by the register number.
- Private person – lenght of the name (how many letters)
- Legal person – lenght of the name (how many letters)
- Birthday – date
- Birthday – date
- Date format – choose suitable format
- Send invoices to ERPLY
Invoice transaction description builder
Determine how the transaction will look like. Click on the arrows in the cells (whether you want to activate something or not).
Build you own bank import
Click on a button “Manage” and enter the data for the bank import. Different banks have different bank statements. If you want to use some statement, that ERPLY Books doesn’t support, then here you can determine rules how ERPLY Books should read the bank statement. Open the statement file and determine the order of the data.
In invoices show this project group
Click on a “Manage” button and assing project group that system shows in invoice module.
Invoice addition action button
Choose if you want extra buttons on invoice:
- Copy row
- Project splitter
- Fringe Benefit
Which project fields you would like to see?
Choose, how you want the project name to look like: “name-description”, “description” or “description-name”.
Which account fields you would like to see?
Choose how you want to see the account fields: “number-name”, “number” or “name”.
When sending email also send bcc to:
Enter the email address.
Default purchase invoice importing rules
Add rules, that automates compiling the invoices (from files that are arrived to purchase inbox). You can determine rule that helps to fill the invoice number and date cells, when compiling an invoice.
Reconcile this account
You can use it for confirming the bank balance and card payments.
Customer statement e-mail text
Enter the text that you send to customer with customer statement sheet.
Invoice series to report
Setting for Lithuanian customers to determine invoice serie in ISAF report.
Choose account and date, until what the transactions, made on that account, will not create journals.
Payroll year to date start date
Determine the beginning of the payroll.
NB! When you have made all the needed changes, save. In order the changes to take an effect, you need to log out and in.