In ERPLY Books you can send recurring invoices. It’s a solution in which software copies documents automatically from previous periods and if needed, sends invoices to a client via e-mail.
Recurring invoices solution is perfect for enterprises like clubs, societies and online companies who must send recurring invoices (membership fees, monthly subscriptions etc).
Collective solution is more than only recurring invoices:
- Compiling invoices:
- Invoices will be sent automatically via invoices module;
- Other invoices can be set up manually and their appearance is configurable
- Follow incomes and expenses
- Once in a week/month upload payrolls to ERPLY Books, software will then automatically attach incomes and expenditures to invoices
- Check debts
- ERPLY Books supports all kinds of reports to follow debtors – collective, over the deadline, debtors sorted by periods etc;
- Send selected clients balance reports and payment notices. With two clicks you can send notifications to all debtors.
Where do I start?
For starting there are two options:
- Import invoices by yourself
- Let ERPLY Books team do the setup. For this send Excel file with contracts (look next chapter) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Setting up software costs 100 $.
Compiling and using Recurring invoices is not complicated. For this prepare “table of contracts”. It must contain following things:
- Name of customer
- E-mail of customer
- Other necessary data about customer
- Monthly fee
- Description of payment (“Monthly fee of January” etc)
- If active (necessity for this will be explained afterwards)
- Day when invoice is sent out (if end of the month, then mark the date 30th)
NB: For following actions you must be able to import data from Excel to ERPLY Books. Process is extremely simple: copy data from Excel using ctrl+c, then go to ERPLY Books highlight the table so that the field turns blue and press ctrl+v. If your data is scattered i.e columns are not in order then copy column by column (first name, then sum etc).
Setup by phases is following:
- Sign up for ERPLY BOOKS
- General settings of company
- Are you liable to VAT? If not, go to settings -> organisation data and untick box in which it says you are. Then go to Settings-> Tax rates and set for your tax free type as “Main Tax”.;
- Go to Settings-> Organisation data -> Organisation Settings. Specify organisation data. Then select “Bank” from below and insert your bank statements- these will go to invoice.
- Now import customer data, which are necessary for invoice. You can do it selecting Incomes-> contacts.
- Then you have to import first invoices (you can also create invoices manually; process is necessary because ERPLY Books uses old invoice for copying). And remember that if you wish to submit VAT declaration via ERPLY Books then you also have to enter dates (at least) previous month. Setting-> Initial data-> Import Sales Invoices
- When importing invoices we would like you to remember that when entering invoice number, you have to enter the number from which the following you wish to see as your next invoice number. For example, if you wish your next invoice number to be 101 then when importing enter the invoice number 100.
- When you have imported contacts and invoices, go to Dashboard and enter to search “Mark Sales Invoices as 100% Paid (Multiple at Once)” (We are interested in that invoices which were imported for initial configuration would not affect our accounting). In window opened select account as “other income”. Save
- Now we annul transactions made by settings: Settings -> Initial Data-> Add Opening Balances. Manually set all balances to 0. Save
- Assign contracts. Let’s assume that contract one invoice that is constantly sent out i.e is recurring. Recurring invoices are managed by searching “Recurring invoices” on dashboard. In opened module all data is importable/able to paste.
You have to select following details:
- Active- selecting if contract is finished or not:
- Send e-mail?- if e-mail will be sent or values are just saved;
- Attention to “Copy invoice” column. In this column you have to choose previously sent invoice to every client (check chapter 2. Import Invoices). With Customer 1 must be attached Invoice of Customer 1.
- Date in month- Day when invoice is created and will be sent. If you wish to choose last day of the month, then mark “30” (In February, invoice will be sent on 28th and in January on 31th);
- E-mail- contact where invoice will be sent if you send with email.
- Editing purchase and sales invoices (necessary only if you wish that month name is on the invoice). If you wish that month is reflected on every invoice you have to edit the article. For that open Incomes -> Purchase and Sales Articles. For existing article (monthly fee for example) you have to add |MONTH| (MONTH that is between vertical bars).
Can I somehow import contracts?
If you have data in Excel then you can copy it from there. NB: Don’t forget to fill e-mail field.
How to stop contract?
For that you have to set invoice box to “No” in “Active?” column. If there is “No” in that box then invoice will not be sent anymore. Changing invoice to active works in same way, by changing “Active?” box to “Yes”.
Can I change an invoice that has already been created? What to do when sum of the invoice changes?
If sum or some other important information in invoice changes then you have to create new invoice. If invoice has already been created, then it must be replaced in “recurring invoices” for previous one (“copy invoice”) and select last created invoice. After that, last design will be used for next invoices. Changing other invoices works on same principles.
What to do if you want to add name of the month to the description (for example monthly fee of July)?
For this you must edit the article name (Incomes -> Purchase and Sales Articles), to which you wish to add month or year. If you have found the article you wish to edit, then you have to add |MONTH| to it’s name. After that software will add current month to every article that is sent with invoice for example if the month is March “Subscription Fee |MONTH|” -> “Subscription Fee March”
How to act with new customer? First invoice has to be sent manually?
Yes, first invoice must be sent manually and after that add contract to configuring module of recurring invoices.
Are automatically created invoices different to other invoices?
Not by appearance. If necessary automatically generated invoices can be checked at report generator.