From July 2019, invoices sent to the public sector can only be sent in the form of e-invoices!
E-invoicing is a web-based accounting software that, with its user-friendliness and convenience, helps an entrepreneur easily manage accounting of the company.
E-invoicing was initially aimed mainly at start-ups and small businesses, but later adapted and can also be used by non-profit associations and foundations. The software consists of five main parts: the billing, accounting, reporting, personnel and settings module, and the entire environment can be used in both Estonian and English.
- Billing module – a central module in the entire e-invoicing system. It allows you to create / manage purchase invoices, sales invoices, receipts / payments, clearing, payment orders, customer / supplier and goods / services bases. The E-invoicing is also interfaced with various e-invoicing environments.
- Accounting module – one of the main modules of the software. Like all known accounting softwares, the principle of double entry is applied here. In the accounting module you can make entries, keep a diary and general ledger, see balances and perform fixed asset accounting.
- Reporting module – allows to prepare and submit declarations and annual reports. TSD and KMD declarations can be forwarded to the Tax and Customs Board via e-invoice. In addition, the software helps generate basic accounting reports and an annual report (xbrl) that can be delivered directly to the reporting environment.
- Personnel module – allows you to manage everything related to employees. The sub-modules can be used to manage the credentials, personnel, holidays and payouts of employees.
- Settings module – settings related to e-invoice account and company basic data. Includes general settings, chart of account and opening balance settings, VAT registrations, locked periods and contract information.
In E-invoicing, e-invoices can be sent to the public sector free of charge, in unlimited quantities and indefinitely. The environment is interfaced with operators operating in Estonia and e-invoices can be sent to the customers of all e-invoice operators.
All companies and organizations can send e-invoices to public sector institutions in the e-invoice free of charge, in unlimited quantities and indefinitely.
Use of the software requires a monthly contract. After the first contract, the use of the software in the first year is FREE.
To use E-invoicing software, you must sign a contract in the same software. The members of the management board of a public limited company, a private limited company, a commercial association, a limited partnership, a general partnership, a non-profit association, a foundation and a self-employed person may sign a contract with e-invoicing software.
Using ERPLY Books? See how you can benefit from using E-invoicing:
- When delivering in the public sector, invoices can only be sent in the form of an e-invoice, and the e-invoice offers this option.
- E-invoice offers a central e-invoice operator service for business software.
- In the first year, after signing the contract, the use of the software is free of charge for 1 year!
- All companies and organizations can send e-invoices to public sector institutions in the e-invoice free of charge, in unlimited quantities and indefinitely.
Using E-invoicing? See how you can benefit from using ERPLY Books:
- With Riigikassa, SAP and the state accounting solution, ERPLY Books can also be used by a state agency, because today it is only possible to send e-invoices to the public sector.
- ERPLY Books has a bank import function that can automate up to 100% of all payments.
- Accountants can now automate purchase invoice management processes so that all payments reach ERPLY Books automatically (removing file down-file up manual work) and leaving for manual work only payments that the system cannot identify.
- Businesses of all sizes that need to handle bank payments can automate the payables and receivables.
- When your company’s accountant goes on vacation, payments will still go to Books and ERPLY Books will continue working by identifying and connecting as many payments as possible.
E-invoicing integration configuration
ERPLY Books now supports the E-arveldaja e-invoices integration. The whole process takes place right in ERPLY Books which is why the system is very simple, but it requires compliance with certain security requirements. It can only be used in Estonia.
The integration works like this:
- Go to “Settings -> “Integrations” and open the E-arveldaja section.
- Now you can see the activation button.
- We (the ERPLY Books team) have to be sure that you have the company’s permission to activate this feature, therefore we will send you an invoice with a one-euro charge and it has to be paid by the same legal person whom the invoice was sent.
- If the invoice is paid, the business registry number and business name match, we will activate the E-arveldaja service.
As the E-arveldaja integration is activated, you will have a connection with the E-invoicing operator. You can open a sales invoice and by hitting the send button you can issue a specific invoice to E-arveldaja, which then forwards it to the appropriate operator.
Using E-arveldaja adds one euro to your monthly fee.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com.