The ERPLY Books accounting API is extremely flexible, applicable, and powerful. In addition to the standard API, the software features essential functionality for easy, fast and automatic data import-export. The ERPLY Books accounting API provides support for the current system in your business and supports your software with various features.
With the ERPLY Books full-featured accounting API, your business can:
- move huge amounts or single units of data up and down conveniently and stress-free – this means that you can send ERPLY Books invoices, manual entries etc. It is also possible to create various reports, in your preferred format , in the Report Generator;
- Use the Purchase Inbox to automate purchases and bulk data – the Purchase Invoice Mailbox allows you to send emails to your ERPLY Books account. Therefore, we can ensure that not only purchase invoices but also sales invoices, receipts, etc. arrive once a day;
- Partner API functionality for fast integration – an extremely easy integration option that allows ERPLY Books to manage all IDs (you do not have to store any ID values in your own system).
- Invoice Queue – the ability to extend the capabilities of the Partner API when the volume of data is extremely large and the situation arises where it is necessary to send one document several times in one second;
- Embedded App – add all ERPLY Books features to your current business process and information system. This is possible via the Embedded App. So if you do not want to handle payments, you can add an “add payment” button into your software. Clicking on it redirects the user to Books and the payment window for that invoice opens.
- High security – all necessary security levels have been put in place in the API. By default, an API token can be created by any user. The API can also be given IP address restrictions to determine the locations from which API capabilities can be used.
The Partner API is a professional API functionality that allows integration with ERPLY Books. All invoices sent contain company ID values, according to which ERPLY Books checks whether the data already exist. Based on the result, it automatically updates or supplements the data. This way, sending Partner API data with a full-featured data exchange layer is a breeze and hassle-free. Just send and forget. The basic idea of the Partner API is that you do not need to know anything other than the API token to interface with ERPLY Books and just send the data. ERPLY Books takes care of the rest.
You can add The Invoice Queue functionality to the Partner API, so you allow data updates several times per second. In other words, after entering the data, ERPLY Books will check and update the data independently. The Invoice Queue functionality suites well for businesses that send out a lot of invoices on a daily basis and encounter constant data changes. This is a crucial feature for any company with volumes of at least 5,000 invoices per month.
The API issues a limited number of standard reports. For everything else, you can create a printout in the desired format using the Report Generator. You can also build a so-called data warehouse via the API. Read more about it here.
The API allows you to access ERPLY Books modules through your company’s software. It works as an embedded app that allows you to manage both your company’s programme and ERPLY Books features at the same time. For example, your software has an ERPLY Books button that allows you to connect to ERPLY Books. It can perform all common software processes, including: “create new sales invoice”, “create new purchase invoice”, “open purchase invoice where partnerDocumentId = XX”, “show customer X outstanding invoices”, “send customer X payment reminder” etc.
The API is not set in stone by the default set of rules, you can customise it. The Partner API allows you to send data to ERPLY Books without adding any cost / revenue accounts, customer IDs, etc. Hence, the system must automatically map all the accounts, dimensions etc. Depending on the complexity of the business, there might be lots of rules that need to be applied to make that happen. For example, should the system also update customer information while saving invoice? With Partner API it is possible and also wise to send invoice with customer information. You can add rules so that the software answers to your needs if the system is not compatible by default. As another example, the rules can be so specific that you only update a customer’s contact information, without changing the name and bank account information. The default set of rules should work sufficiently for all companies with less than 1,000 invoices per month. However, it is advisable to do a quick call with the ERPLY Books team to go over your needs and get background information if you wish. Usually, ERPLY Books integration should take a maximum of a few days. Software support also offers paid consultations to make sure you get the best experience. The development team has the answers to all your questions.
In ERPLY Books, each company has its own API ID to ensure secure use. If you would like to learn more about the accounting API, please contact us at email@example.com.