The connector tool is used for syncing sales, purchases and payment transactions from ERPLY Books to Xero. The connector tool is also used to sync all ERPLY POS & Inventory transactions with Xero.
The following steps need to be followed:
- Set up an ERPLY Books account.
- ERPLY Books synchronizes transactions from ERPLY POS to ERPLY Books.
- ERPLY Books maps all transactions to the correct accounts. If you need assistance with setting up the account mapping, contact here with ERPLY Books to assist.
- Select the period you would like to send data to Xero.
- Send sales invoices, purchase invoices and payments to Xero separately or as a whole.
|ERPLY Books syncs the following items FROM Xero:||ERPLY Books syncs the following items TO Xero:|
Creating account in ERPLY Books
Create an account here.
If you have created the account with the incorrect currency, click on the company name, select “Add organisation”. You can now add the organisation with the correct currency and language.
Setting up Xero Connector
Go to “Settings” > “Configuration”, tick “Use external system connections?” and click the “Save” button. This option allows you to see which transactions have been synced to Xero and which have not.
Open “Settings” > “Integrations” and click the “Synchronize” button next to the Xero logo.
Click the “Authenticate with Xero” button.
When the loading process is done, click “Leave” to leave the site.
In the next window click “Allow access” and choose the Xero organization with which you want ERPLY Books to be linked.
Setting up Xero Module
After you have set up the connector you will have access to the Xero module in ERPLY Books.
Next, you can do the following:
- Select “Pull from Xero” and click on the following buttons:
- “Chart of Accounts” – pulls through all accounts from Xero into ERPLY Books. These accounts are now active in ERPLY Books. Any accounts that existed in ERPLY Books before the sync are not deleted, the software marks them as “not active”. All accounts can be seen by clicking on “Accounting” > “Chart of Accounts”.
- “Tax Rates” – pulls through all tax rates from Xero into ERPLY Books. All tax rates can be seen by clicking on “Settings” > “Tax rates”.
- “Contacts” – pulls through all contacts from Xero into ERPLY Books.
- “Purchase and Sales Articles” – not recommended.
All Xero accounts and tax rates need to be imported to ERPLY Books .
- By selecting “Other options” you can choose the following:
- “Send purchase invoices to Xero automatically” (optional)
- “Default Article” (optional). All invoices with one article can be sent to Xero.
- “Rounding rule”(mandatory). This option is important for rounding. A new row is created for rounding with a specific name, article and tax rate.
- “Default tax rate for every contact”(optional). All invoices with one tax rate can be sent to Xero.
To ensure the ERPLY Books and Xero integration is set up correctly:
- Go to “Settings” > “Initial Data” > “System Accounts”.It is important to check whether all system account types that you need for synchronizing, have a corresponding Xero account next to it.
The following account types are usually required:
- Point of sale
- Bank account
- Bank card
- Requirements to suppliers (supplier prepayments)
- Completed products (inventory account)
- VAT debt
- Primary income
- Cost of goods sold
- Service expenses
Make sure that all transaction types you need for syncing have Xero accounts next to them. If the account does not exist in ERPLY Books then the account needs to be created in Xero and the accounts import needs to be done again. It is important to only use accounts which are imported from Xero if you want to synchronize data from ERPLY Books to Xero.
2. Go to “Settings” > “Tax rates” and change the tax accounts.
Only use tax rates which are imported from Xero when you want to synchronize data from ERPLY Books to Xero.
3. Open “Sales” > “Purchase and Sales articles” and choose the accounts for Product and Service articles which you use when syncing from ERPLY POS.
Setting up ERPLY POS
To ensure the ERPLY Books and ERPLY POS integration is set up correctly go to“Settings” > “ERPLY POS & Inventory settings”.
- Select “Account Mapping” and make sure all payments and invoices go to the correct accounts.
ERPLY Books takes invoices and payments from ERPLY POS and sends them with the same information to Xero. If a document is correctly synced from ERPLY POS, it will be synced to Xero with the same information.
- Now you can sync with ERPLY POS. Please email email@example.com to automate this.
- Thereafter you can sync with Xero.
Roundings in ERPLY Books vs Xero
In Xero all rounding is done in 2 decimals, however in ERPLY Books it depends on the rules that were set up. In Xero there is no option to round invoices. Rounding needs to be added as a separate invoice row. In order for ERPLY Books to do the same you need to add a rounding rule. Under the Xero sync module you can add this by going to “Other options” > “Rounding”.
In the Dashboard search for “Global Parameters” in the search box. In the next module add the following 2 rows:
- Name: GLOBAL_PARTNER_ROUNDING_RULE , Value: rounding
- Name: ATTRIBUTE_ERPLY_SYNC_ROUND_TOTAL , Value: true
Click “Save” and refresh the page.
1.Go to “Settings” > “Integrations” > click on “Synchronize” (Xero)
2.Choose the period.
3.Click “Send all” to send all invoices and payments to Xero. You can also choose to only send one of the following: “Send sales invoices”, “Send Purchase invoices” or “Send Payments”.
4.If everything was set up correctly then the data is synchronised from ERPLY Books to Xero and a “Xero” note will appear in the “Connections” column.
The software will display an error message if something was not set up correctly.
Error messages and Limitations
- “Account X does not exist in Xero…”
The account needs to be created in Xero and imported to ERPLY Books. Check whether all sales invoices, purchase invoices and payments are linked to the correct accounts. Do not create new accounts in ERPLY Books, they need to be created in Xero in order for the synchronization to work.
- “Payment account is invalid…”
A bank account needs to be created in Xero and be pulled through to ERPLY Books before syncing. In Xero you need to tick “Enable payments to this account” on the chart of accounts. If the account is not set up as a payment account it can not be used for payments.
- “Contact X is not synchronized. Please synchronize everything else first.”
The contact needs to be the same in ERPLY Books and Xero. It needs to be pulled through from Xero first.
- “ TaxType field is mandatory”
Make sure that you have used the correct tax type. The tax type needs to be pulled through from Xero. Only use tax types that are created in Xero.
- “Account code Y is not a valid code for this document”
Make sure that the article item has the same account code as in Xero.
- “Payment amount exceeds the amount outstanding on this document”.
Overpayments are not allowed. All prepaid amounts must be accounted for as prepayments. If the invoice amount in Xero is more than in ERPLY Books then the invoice amount must be edited in Xero and payments need to be synced again.
- “Only positive amounts in payments…”
Negative amounts must be corrected..
- You can not create the same accounts manually in ERPLY Books and Xero although they have the same account numbers they still have different id numbers, therefore the system does not recognise them. All new accounts must be created in Xero and then be pulled through to ERPLY Books.
- After syncing data from ERPLY Books to Xero the transactions will be locked in ERPLY Books. This prevents multiple data transmissions.
- Once you have sent invoices to Xero you can not send the same invoices again. These will not be overwritten in Xero. You first need to delete previous invoices or payments, then only can you send them to Xero.
- It’s not recommended to pull through articles from ERPLY Books to Xero as the system cannot send stock items to Xero.