Default importing options are described here in the video.
This tutorial speaks about how to import invoices with custom fields and XLS files.
Default CSV file alignment
|Column||Field name||Compulsory|| |
|How it is used?||Column name|
|A||Invoice no||Yes||–||If you have two or more lines with the same invoice number it will combine them together and create one invoice from that. Meaning one line is meant for one invoice line||number|
|B||Customer Name||Yes||–||If customer ID is not available then searches contacts with this name. If missing then creates new customer/supplier||customerName|
|C||Customer ID||No||–||This is Books contact ID||customerId|
|D||Description||Yes||–||Invoice row description||description|
|G||Subtotal||Yes/No||–||If blank then calculated from Total and Tax Sum||price|
|H||Total||Yes/No||–||If blank then calculated from Subtotal and Tax Sum||total|
|I||Tax Sum||Yes/No||–||If blank then calculated from Subtotal and Total||taxSum|
|J||Tax Rate Name||No||–||If blank then takes the first tax where percent matches from total and subtotal||taxName|
Expense/Revenue Account Number
|R||amount||No||1||This is quantity – necessary if you want to see quantity in Books. This field will not recalculate total values. Meaning if you want to use quantities it is wise to add tax rate name and subtotal and leave total and tax field empty||amount|
Additional options with invoice import
You have the following options:
- If you don’t want to separate projects with project names and instead want to use projects separated by project groups then you can add project group columns
- If you want to use project groups then add them into separate columns after currencyRate – leave one empty column after currency rate and then every project group into separate column
- Into the header of project group column add project group id. Id values you can get from report generator
- You can change the format of the columns
- If you want to use your own alignment not the default one then add global GLOBAL_USE_INVOICE_IMPORT_ORDERING
- With that global in invoice import you have ordering field where you can add your own ordering alignment. It should have previously described column names separated by “|”, “,” or “;”.
- You can add custom fields.
- If column alignment is not overridden then additional fields start from column U (the same as project groups).
- For example if you want to add customer registration code into column U then make sure U1=registrationCode.
- All the additional customer columns are described here:
- All other additional columns:
- parentDocumentNumber – requires GLOBAL_INVOICE_IMPORT_PARENT_TYPE