Automatic rules for creating a purchase invoice
ERPLY Books’s Purchase Inbox automatic rules for creating a purchase invoice helps you to automise up to 85% of the whole purchasing process. Entering the purchase invoices is on of the most time consuming parts. Purchase inbox helps to automize that as much as possible. It can be done with specific rules that ERPLY Books uses, when a file arrives to the purchase inbox.
Type “Purchase invoice file importing rules” to the search box.
For each rule, add a separate row (by clicking a “+ Add” button). One rule consist of following options:
- Add this, when the invoice comes from from certain email and other email addresses are not used for sending this specific purchase invoice.
- “My Name <email@example.com>“
NB! Keyword is the most important step in adding automatic rules – this will determine, if we can make an invoice.
Description – ERPLY Books uses this information to control, if purchase invoice has all the keywords described in here.
- Keywords must be unique – some other purchase invoice can’t match with those keywords
- Matching IBAN is also unique
- It’s reasonable to mark a unique sum, that must be on the invoice
- Their bank account number
- Their Business number
- Information that will not be in other invoices. For example you can’t choose business name because somebody can mention that name as a partner.
Adding automatic rules: Use “|” for separating the keywords
- Suppliers IBAN is EE43873287328 and monthly invoice is in the sum of 120.00 EUR. Therefore, we can add a keyword EE43873287328|120,0 (because on the invoice, the sum is with comma).
- Your mobile company sends you two invoices in one month – for the internet and for the mobile. We can automize the invoice for the internet, because the sum is always the same. Let’s say that the IBAN is EE32983298, invoice amount is 33 EUR and invoice description on “Montly fee for internet usage”. Therefore, we can add a keyword: EE32983298|33.00|Montly fee for the internet usage.
- Mandatory: Yes, if you don’t determine the invoice that you will copy
- Description: Controls, if the file that has been sent is in this format
- Mandatory: Yes.
- Picture/image – we support PNG, JPG, JPEG, GIF
Day of month
- Mandatory: No
- Description: If you have a sales system, that has not been integrated with ERPLY Books, then you can use Purchase Inbox for that. In order to do so, please contact our customer support.
- Mandatory field: No
- Values: Sales invoice/ Purchase invoice
- Description: Enables to read information from PDF/ image
- Mandatory field: No
- Possible values:
- Number – invoice number. For example, before invoice number there are:
- Rules for adding automatic rules:
- Use “|” for separating many keywords.
- If there is “Invoice number” before the invoice number, then add a rule number=Invoice no.
- If you want to add a rule, where system can read out the due date, then add a rule: number=invoice no:|deadline=invoice due date.
Copy this invoice
- Description: When adding an invoice that you want to copy, then the system can take all the information from that invoice.
- Limitation: Invoice, that you copy, works with invoices that has the same sum. For example, monthly invoice from ERPLY Books. If you have every month a different sum, then it’s reasonable to combine these sum’s in default rules. Please notice, that it’s easier to automize invoices, that has a the same sum every month.
The process of creating purchase invoice automatically
- Supplier sends the invoice to Purchase Inbox’s email.
- ERPLY Books reads out all the information that’s possible:
- If it can’t read out the information (for example, supplier sends the invoice in Word file), then the automatic process ends here.
- If it can read out the information, then ERPLY Books search the suitable rule, that matches uniquely with the invoice.
- With the unique rule, ERPLY Books tries to read out all the needed information for the invoice.
- System tries to add invoice number and date from data that has been read out with PDF parser
- After adding the data, ERPLY Books controls if some fields are missing the information and if there is a rule for those fields (go to “Settings” > “Configuration” and see the chapter “Default purchase invoice importing rules”).
- And for the last step, ERPLY Books checks, if there are employees, who has been added the invoice confirmation rules with hierarchy (has been added no.1 in “Order of the operations” in configuration). If there are some users/employees who are the most important verifiers, then they will get the confirmation email immediately.
Best practice for using the Purchase Inbox
Depending on the company’s rules, purchase inbox can automize your purchasing process completely. If you use e-invoices in bank, then you can automize the paying. This process is different in companies. We can help you with following:
- Send your Purchase Inbox’s email address to your suppliers – if suppliers and reporting persons sends their documents to the purchase inbox, then you have automized the archieving process by 100% and all the purchase invoices and other documents are in one place.
- Add rules for monthly invoices – automize the invoice entering process. Add rules, so purchase invoice will be created automatically when files arrive to the Purchase Inbox. If you only have montly invoices (invoices that are the same every month), then you can automize the invoice entering process up to 100%. You can’t automize everything in real life, but adding the rules will definitely help you.
- Use the Purchase Inbox functionalities to enter the other invoices:
- Thanks to the PDF parser and OCR method and other rules, that you have been added, ERPLY Books will do as much as possible for you – You just have to fill in the missing gaps.
- If the displayed data isn’t exactly like you want it to be, then choose the supplier and the invoice that you want to copy.
- If ERPLY Books can’t fill in all the information for some reason, then at least it’s easy to enter the missing data manually, because image of the invoice/ PDF is on the right side of the screen.
- Use different functions to pay for the invoices:
- If you are a Swedbank’s customer, then send payments to the bank automatically, using the Swedbank integration.
- Compile a SEPA payment file and upload it the the bank.
- Don’t enter bank payments manually, use bank import for that.
- ERPLY Books supports sending balance statements, use that!
If you use invoice confirmation, then add specific rules by user (“Settings” > “Configuration”) – confirming invoices is simple and fast and all the verifiers can do it in any time and in any place, by using their mobile phones.